March has been a very busy month already. Most of my time has been spent on our upcoming Worship Conference but since I am the only full time staff I stay busy with a variety of tasks including teaching, networking, fundraising, record keeping, and planning.
March 25 we will be hosting our 2nd annual Exaltation! Detroit Worship Arts Conference. This is a great place for people who are involved in the Sunday worship service at their church to come and be refreshed and renewed. Our keynote speaker is Brian Dumont, the morning host for Smile FM.
This year we are at the Mosaic Midtown Church at 80 W Alexandrine St, Detroit. We will have almost 15 different breakout sessions where people can learn about worship leadership, music, technology, visual arts and dance. The cost is only $49.00 including lunch. We would love to have you join us.
Also, our worship ensemble will be assisting with the opening and closing session so this is great chance to hear them play and enrich your skills in worship.
Check it out at exaltation.worshiparts.net
Please pass the word on to everyone you know! Our advertising budget is very limited so please help us out by sharing our posts.
We recently signed an articulation agreement with Visible Music College. What this means is that Visible Music College will accept our credits in transfer towards an accredited degree at their college. What this does for us and our students is it gives us a degree path. As an unaccredited college we cannot offer degrees, but now, through our partnership with Visible Music College, someone can spend up to two years studying music or worship with WAC and then transfer those credits to Visible Music College and all of those credits will go directly toward completing their degree.
Why would someone do that? Primarily because we are so inexpensive. By attending WAC for two years the average student will save over $20,000!! Please make sure anyone you know who loves music hears about this incredible opportunity.
We are also in the final stages of an agreement with another college that will accept our credits towards a ministry degree. Hopefully more information to come in the next few weeks.
- Current Classes – Pray that our current classes will continue to go well.
- Worship Conference – Pray that we have good attendance, that people are helped and encouraged, and that everything goes smoothly.
- Student Recruitment – Pray that we are able to attract students to our new Music degree path.
- Articulation Agreements – Pray that we are able to continue to develop partnerships with other colleges.
- Finances – Please continue to pray for our finances. God is blessing in so many ways but we still struggle financially. Pray specifically for our small group fundraising meetings. We have three more scheduled for this month.