The Worship Arts Conservatory objectives are based on our Mission and Philosophy of Education.
It is the goal of WAC that each student will meet the following learning outcomes:
Through instruction and study, the student will
- possess a general education appropriate to their program level (certificate = 1 year of college, diploma = 2 years of college, advanced diploma = 4 year degree)
- understand the concepts necessary for professional application of their field of study
- demonstrate college-level knowledge in their chosen field appropriate for their program level
- be prepared to pursue further college, graduate or professional studies appropriate for their program level
Through training, personal practice and practical experience, the student will
- have the competence to apply their knowledge to real-world situations
- have acquired the physical skills and ability to perform at a grade appropriate to their program level
- those with a Certificate will be qualified to serve effectively in a church ministry
- those with a Diploma will be qualified to serve or possibly lead a small church ministry in their field of study
- those with an Advance Diploma will be equal to a college graduate and be prepared to seek either graduate studies or begin a full time career.
- have competence in using the technology common to their area of study.
Through classes, chapel, peer and instructor relationships, and church attendance, the student will
- gain a foundational understanding of the story, themes and structure of the Bible
- understand the theological foundation for Christian worship
- learn how to cultivate a growing daily relationship with God
- develop the heart, habits and character of one who worships in spirit and truth