Episode 41 - What to Do During Instrumental Breaks
In Episode 41 of Worship Moments, Dr. Wyrick talks about how to worship during instrumental breaks.
For those who prefer to read, below is the text of the video:
How do you worship when the band is playing but there are no lyrics? In my last video I said that God loves instrumental music. That is all great if you are playing an instrument. But what if you are only singing? What should you do? Here are some suggestions.
- Pray – Talk to God about whatever you just sang. Confess any sin that is blocking you from worshiping. Hand your cares over to God. You may want to do this in your head, but you can also do this out loud – adding your worship to the band's.
- Praise – Speak, sing or shout words of praise to God!
- Make a joyful noise – clap your hands or shout for joy to God!
- Physical worship – simply allow your body to respond to the music. Raise your hands, sway, dance!
- Meditate – allow the words you just sang to settle into your heart. What is God saying to you?
- Enjoy – sometimes all God wants you to do is enjoy the beauty of music. It is His gift to you.
- Listen – listen for God's voice. Is He trying to tell you something during this worship time?
- Rest – don't strive – don't try to do anything. Just rest contented in His love and His presence with you.
So next time the band is worshiping without words, join in and worship along with them. There are so many ways to worship God without lyrics.