I titled this post “Year of Growth” for two reasons: because last year was a great year of growth for us and also because I anticipate another great year of growth ahead of us. First lets review our milestones from 2016.
A Year of Growth 2016
- Exaltation Detroit Worship Arts Conference – We held our first worship conference in April. It was very well received.
- Student Growth – Last year we held three terms of courses. Student enrollment increased each term leading to our Fall term enrollment of 10 students. During the year we held 8 courses and saw 14 students enroll in courses.
- Partnership – We began our partnership with the Motor City Metro Baptist Association. They are providing a scholarship of 2/3 tuition for members from any of their churches who attend WAC.
- Location – We found a Midtown Detroit location where we can hold classes.
- Full Time President – In may I moved to full time as the president of WAC.
- Concerts – We began our first instrumental ensemble. They played a concert during the summer and performed three times during December.
A Year of Growth 2017
Last year was certainly a great year but we are already seeing signs of an even better year coming.
- More Student Growth – We have 15 students enrolled for Winter Term which began on January 9. That is a 50% growth over last term and over six times the enrollment of last year at this time!
- Accredited Worship Arts Degree – We are in the final stages of an articulation agreement with Visible College in Memphis, TN. What this agreement will do is allow our students to begin their worship studies with us and then transfer credits to Visible College so they can complete their studies for an accredited Music Degree.
- Good term of classes – Please pray that our current courses will be a blessing to both the students and the instructors.
- Visible College Relationship – Pray that we will be able to quickly work out the final details on our agreement with Visible College and be able to find other colleges that will make similar agreements.
- Worship Conference – Pray that our 2017 Worship Conference will go well. It is scheduled for March 25 at Mosaic Midtown Church.
- Fundraising – This is by far our greatest area of need. As I mentioned in our last newsletter, we need to significantly increase our monthly donor support so that we can continue this exciting and growing ministry. Currently we are at about 10% of the necessary support to effectively grow WAC to the next level. We are planning regular small group meetings around Detroit to introduce people to our ministry and invite them to partner with us. Please pray that these meetings would be effective and consider whether you could be one of our monthly partners.