Over the last two weeks I have been working on doing as much of the paperwork required for state licensing as possible. Some of the paperwork, though, can not be completed until we have both a facility and professors. So what are the requirements for getting a license to open a proprietary school in Michigan?
- Articles of Incorporation (done!)
- Curriculum for each program (in process)
- Personnel Information (done!)
- School Catalog
- Business Plan for 3 years of operation (done!)
- Surety Bond for $5,000
- Facilities – drawing and fire inspection or certificate of occupancy
- Copies of advertising / certificate or diplomas / transcripts / student contract or application
- Fee of $1,350
The school catalog is required to list the names of the instructors, so we will not be able to complete licensing until we have both facilities and all instructors lined up.
Please continue to pray for the right location for the Conservatory. It is our desire to find a location near midtown.
by Jerry Wyrick, President of Worship Arts Conservatory
Worship Director at Crosspointe Church