“So how is the student enrollment going?”
This is a common question that I get asked in one form or another, and I have to be honest with you, it is not going well. Due to the low response to the advertising, I have decided to reduce our Fall offerings down to just one course: New Testament Survey. But to offer even this one course we really should have a couple more students.
I know that transparency is often not encouraged when it comes to bad news – especially in a business. Positive news is better for sales, so find a way to give the news a positive spin. But I have always been a big believer in being as transparent as possible.
The low enrollment was expected because of our late start and limited (almost zero) advertising budget. But it is even lower than I had expected. So what next?
- We are offering the New Testament Survey course for only $400, which is a $200 discount. So, if you are considering taking a course, please apply soon!
- We are still planning on offering courses in January and many of the courses will be the same ones that we offered this term.
- We need to come up with an effective advertising campaign. Please pray that God guides us to the best method.
- We need some seed money to fund this advertising. Please pray that God helps us find a source for these funds.
- And please pray some more… We need God’s clear direction as we move forward.