Our To-Do List
I live by my to-do list. As I write this I have a hand written to-do list setting next to me. For some odd reason (possibly because I am odd) a to-do list is very motivating to me. I get great satisfaction from checking off things on my list. (And yes, I have occasionally added something to my list just so I can check it off.)
Our Strategic Plan gives Worship Arts Conservatory a clear to-do list for the 2018-2019 Academic Year.
Our Strategic Plan has five key priorities. We can "check off" each of these priorities by reaching our goals for each priority. By doing this we can know we are being as effective as possible in our ministry.
Today I will focus on the last priority - the Priority of Location.
Location, Location, Location
It is said that the three most important things about real estate is location, location, location.
In real estate that means that identical properties can have significantly different values based upon their location. This is very true in our search for a location for Worship Arts Conservatory. From the very start we have had a goal to locate in the city of Detroit. We felt that by locating in Detroit, rather than the suburbs, we could have a broader reach geographically, racially and economically. We also felt that a Detroit address would legitimize our commitment to the Detroit community as a whole.
What We Need
Our goal is to find a main campus that meets licensing and accreditation requirements by Fall 2019. We currently have a shared office space in Detroit, but it doesn't meet our long term needs. Many of our needs are dictated by licensing and accreditation requirements. So, what is it we need?
- Dedicated Space. To meet accreditation requirements our space must be only for our use. It cannot be shared with another group.
- Safe Space. To be attractive to students it needs to be in a location that is perceived to be safe and to meet licensing requirements it needs to be able to pass code or already have a certificate of occupancy.
- Easy Access. To be attractive to those who are driving in from the suburbs it needs to be easily accessible from the expressways.
- Parking. Since most people will be driving to class, it needs to have easy access to parking.
- Room to Grow. Finally, it needs to have room enough for us to grow. We don't want to move into a new building, only to have to move a year later.
This is probably our most lofty goal. Financially this is impossible without God's special blessing.
How Can I Help?
Here are three ways you can help us reach our location goal:
- Pray - This is certainly a God-sized goal and we appreciate and need your prayers.
- Let me know if you hear of any space that might fit our needs
- Volunteer - if you have the time and/or expertise to help us search out a location, then please let me know.
Dr. Jerry Wyrick
Worship Arts Conservatory