Most people wish they could play an instrument
According to a 2009 Gallup poll conducted by the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM),
85 percent of Americans who do not play musical instruments wish that they did.
One of the key skills for playing an instrument or singing is the ability to read music. Understanding how to read music will make it much easier to learn a new instrument, play music with other musicians, sing harmony and share your musical ideas with others.
At Worship Arts Conservatory we offer a course to help you reach this goal: Elements of Music.
In this course you will learn:
- Rhythm Notation. Read and write common rhythm patterns. Learn about meter, simple and compound time, whole, half, quarter, eighth and sixteenth notes.
- Melodic Notation. Read and write simple melodies. Understand how to read a musical score correctly. Learn about clefs, pitch notation, directions signs, dynamics and articulation.
- Guitar, Piano and Voice. Learn how to apply this knowledge to the guitar, piano and voice. Learn how the notes of the clefs relate to piano, guitar and your voice. Learn to play simple melodies and chords.
- Scales and Key Signatures. Understand how scales form the foundation for most music. Learn major and minor scales and key signatures.
- Simple Chords. Be able to notate and identify the primary chords that make up most music. Learn how to read and write chord symbols and how to play them on the guitar and piano.
Learn all of this and more in just a few hours per week for 15 weeks. Elements of Music is offered online for only $100. That averages out to less than $7 per week, so it is both affordable and convenient!
Isn't music hard to learn?
You may be thinking that learning music is too hard. Actually music notation is based upon a few simple symbols you can easily learn in these 15 weeks. Certainly learning to master music can take a life time, but this course will give you all the tools you need to begin your musical journey and apply it to the instrument of your choice.
So why put off learning this wonderful skill? If you read this far you are probably part of the 85% who wish they could learn to play an instrument. Would it be worth a few hours of your time and $7 each week to finally open up the doors to the world of music?
Start your musical dreams today by clicking below.