2019 Classes Start in One Month
Our Fall 2019 classes start in one month on September 3. Have you registered for classes yet?
If you register by August 12 we will waive our $25 registration fee.
Here is a list of courses we plan to offer in the fall:
- Music Theory I - Learn how music works with an emphasis on chords: how to use them and notate them: chord symbols, chord progressions, voice leading.
- Ear Training I - Learn to sing and dictate all intervals and scales. Identify major and minor triads. Develop rhythm awareness. To be taken concurrently with Music Theory I.
- Guitar Class - Study basic acoustic guitar techniques, including tuning, strumming, picking, reading chord symbols, using a capo, and the most common chord progressions.
- Piano Class - Study basic piano techniques, including two hand coordination, five-finger patterns, scales, triad playing, reading chord symbols, pedaling and the most common chord progressions.
- Introduction to Worship Technology - An introduction to the technology necessary for an effective worship service, including sound, lighting and video. Both analog and digital technology will be explored.
- New Testament Survey - A survey of the literature and interpretation of the New Testament.
- Storytelling - Learn how to become a more imaginative and confident storyteller and communicator in a wide variety of settings: video, film, writing, drama, preaching, andteaching.
- Instrumental Ensemble - Play in a musical ensemble. Represent Worship Arts Conservatory by performing at various venues. Audition may be required.
If you are not yet a student, then your next step is to apply.
Current students can simply register through the student portal. If you haven't taken courses in a while, you may have been marked as "inactive". If so, let me know and I can reactivate your account so that you can register.