Worship Leader Apprenticeships
What is a Worship Leader Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship is a career pathway where you can minister and learn at the same time! It includes:
Limited Spots Available!
We have limited spot available in our Worship Leader Apprenticeship program. We will be filling these positions on a first come, first served basis. Apply now to save your spot!
Currently all apprenticeships are being held at Lakeside Church in St. Clair Shores, MI. In order to qualify as an apprentice you will need to be able to attend Lakeside and serve in their worship ministry. We do not provide housing.
Why Become a Worship Leader Apprentice?
Apprenticeship programs are distinguished from other types of training and education models by several factors:
- Worship Theology
- Spiritual Foundations
- Old Testament Survey
- New Testament Survey
- Theology I
- Bible Study Methods
- Worship Band Techniques
- Worship Administration
- Worship Practicum
- Music Theory I & II
- Ear Training I & II
- Applied Study (Private Lessons) I & II
- Voice Class
- Guitar or Piano Class
- Choral Conducting
- Fine Arts
- Career Training
We want our apprentices to master these skills:
- Backup Singer
- Lead Singer
- Service Planning
- Scheduling of Band
- Service and Music Transitions
- Public Prayer
- Creative Elements
- Song Selection
- Worship Set Flow
- Rehearsal Leadership
- Maintaining the Music Library
- Budget Preparation
- Working with a choir/ensemble
- Writing a Chord Chart
- Making a Leadsheet
- Writing TAB for guitar
- (optional) Writing parts for traditional instruments
- Familiarity with sound production
- Familiarity with lighting design
- Familiarity with video production
Hello! My name is Dr. Jerry Wyrick and I will be your primary advisor and mentor during your apprenticeship. I am president of the Worship Arts Conservatory and the Worship Pastor at Lakeside Community Church in St. Clair Shores.
I have a very unique mix of education and experience that I believe makes me an ideal mentor as you prepare for a career in worship.
- Ph.D. in Music Composition from Michigan State University
- Over 30 years experience as a worship leader.
- Led worship concerts and services ranging in style from classical sacred music to traditional worship to contemporary worship.
- Comfortable leading worship on keyboard as well as guitar.
- Ordained pastor.
It is my passion to help you become the best worship leader that you can be and look forward to guiding you as you follow God's leading in ministry!
How can I become an apprentice?
The process is simple:
- Apply to be a student - fill out our student application form.
- Audition - demonstrate your musical skills
- Get placed in a church and start serving while you learn!
Currently all apprentices must live in the Detroit Metro area and attend Lakeside Church in St. Clair Shores, MI. Housing is not provided.
Fill out the form below and we will guide you through the process.
Imagine Yourself as a Full Time Worship Leader
Begin your career as a worship leader today.
Join Worship Arts Conservatory's Worship Leader Apprenticeship Program.
We'd love to help you become a skilled and confident worship leader. Let us know a little about yourself and we will get back to you soon. If there are any other details you would like us to know, please put them in the message.