We’re VERY close to opening for classes.
We have been working on this for more than a year, but we are finally going to hold our first semester of courses. Classes begin at the end of August.
We will be offering seven foundational courses:
- THE-210 Doctrines of the Christian Faith (3 credits) – Learn the doctrines of the Christian faith with an emphasis on those that are accepted by all evangelical denominations. Core Course, required of all non-ministry majors.
- THE-220 Theology I (4 credits) – Study the basic tenets of the Christian faith. This is the first half of an in-depth two semester study of Christian theology. Core Course, required of all Christian Ministries majors.
- BIL-110 New Testament Survey (3 credits) – Survey the literature and interpretation of the New Testament. Core Course, required of all majors.
- MIN-110 Spiritual Foundations (3 credits) – Learn the disciplines and practices that help a person develop a growing and dynamic relationship with God. Core Course, required of all majors.
- MUS-110 Music Theory I (3 credits) – Learn how music is constructed, including chord symbols, part writing, harmonic progressions, triads and 7th chords. Core Course, required of all music and worship majors.
- MUS-115 Ear Training I (1 credit) – Learn to sing and dictate intervals, scales and triads. To be taken concurrently with Music Theory I. Core Course, required of all music and worship majors.
- TEC-101 Introduction to Electronic Media (3 credits) – Exploration the history, structure, function, economics, content and evolution of electronic media and technology. Core Course, required of all Technology majors.
These are all core classes that will be required for many of the advanced courses we will be offering in the future and are required courses for many of our programs of study.
Each of these courses are taught at the college level and include over 15 hours of teaching for each credit. A typical 3 credit course will be over 45 hours of instruction!
HOWEVER, we need your help. Before we can effectively reach people with this wonderful new training opportunity, we need to understand what their main concerns might be.
This is where you come in. Please take a few minutes to answer this super-short survey—there is really only one thing we want to ask you …
What are your two top-questions about the Worship Arts Conservatory that we absolutely NEED to answer.