Learn Guitar in Only 12-15 Weeks
In only 15 weeks (12 weeks during summer term) you can learn all the tricks and techniques you need to play rhythm guitar. By the end of this course you will have all the tools you need to play rhythm guitar for any worship song.
I am not promising you will have mastered all the techniques in 12-15 weeks. Mastering guitar is a lifelong pursuit. But I am promising that you will have learned everything you need to play any worship song on guitar.
Learn pro tricks
MUS-125 Guitar Class
Study basic acoustic guitar techniques, including tuning, strumming, picking, reading chord symbols, using a capo, and the most common chord progressions.
My eternal thanks to Dr Wyrick for his masterful teaching. No higher praise than he is my mentor. Ken Alexander
Play with confidence
What will this class do for me?
- Gain confidence in playing guitar. Learn all the essential skills of playing the guitar.
- Understand the tricks professionals use to make it easier to play. Learn short cuts to playing the guitar.
- Be able to play any worship song. Learn to play almost any song with just a few chords.
- Have the incentive to practice. We all need a little encouragement to put in that extra time. Taking a course will give you that extra incentive.
- Enjoy playing guitar with other players. Play guitar ensemble music in class.
- Get personal advice and help. Because of our smaller class sizes, I will be able to give you personal attention during class time.
- Have fun making music. Finally, learn to play guitar like you have always wanted.
Will this class make me play like a pro?
How skilled you will be after taking this course depends upon many factors including your skill level entering the course, your natural aptitude for guitar playing and how much time you spend practicing the materials in the course. Here is what I can promise: you will learn everything you need to know to play like a pro. How far you go with it is up to you and God.
Learn to read music
So what will I learn?
- The 10 key chords that every guitarist needs to know
- How to use a Capo
- “Cheat” chords that make playing easier
- How to read TAB
- How to read standard notation for guitar
- Strumming patterns
- Finger Picking patterns
- How to ad lib on guitar
- Advanced techniques: hammer on, pull off, muting, harmonics
- Moveable barre chords
- Pentatonic, blues, major and minor scales
- and more
Professor Wyrick is teeming with knowledge and wisdom. I thank him especially! Joyce Welch
Who teaches this course?
Dr. Jerry Wyrick
President of Worship Arts Conservatory
I have been leading worship and playing guitar for over 30 years. I have a PhD in music and am currently the Worship Leader at Lakeside Church in addition to leading the Worship Arts Conservatory
$150 (average cost after scholarships) for almost 30 hours of class. That amounts to about $5 per hour. Private lessons will cost you $20-$50 per half hour. This is an amazing amount of information and teaching for $150. It is more information than you would learn in a whole year of half-hour private lessons! I don't believe you can get a better deal anywhere, so click the button below and become a student at Worship Arts Conservatory today.
Still not sure if this course is for you? Here are a few questions you may be asking:
Do I have to have any previous guitar experience?
We will start at the very beginning, but some experience will make the course easier. No previous guitar experience is necessary, but beginners will need to spend significant time practicing to do well in the course.
What if I already play guitar? Will I learn anything?
That depends on your level and knowledge of guitar. Most guitarists can do a few things well but don't have a thorough knowledge of guitar playing. This course covers strumming, advanced strumming techniques, playing in any key, using a capo, finger picking, reading music and TAB, advanced chords and soloing basics. If you would like to improve in any of these areas then you will learn how by taking this course.
Do I have to be able to read music?
No. You will learn the basics of reading music both in tablature and regular notation in the course.
Do I have to sing while playing?
No, but you will learn the basics of playing guitar while singing should you want to lead worship with a guitar.
Do I need to have my own guitar?
Yes, you will need to provide your own guitar.
Learn Guitar for Only $140!
Don't miss this opportunity to learn how to play the guitar in only 12-15 weeks - all for only $140! Click the button below to apply to be a student at the Worship Arts Conservatory and then register for MUS-125 Guitar Class.