What is a Worship Arts Conservatory Internship?
Worship Arts Conservatory in partnership with Detroit area churches is offering Internship Scholarships in Ministry and Worship. The interns selected for these positions will gain hands on experience in ministry and receive a scholarship to Worship Arts Conservatory.
The internship will help you gain college-level Christian education at a fraction of the cost while being involved on a weekly basis in the leadership of a local church.
You will be responsible for your remaining tuition, if any. Additional scholarships may be available through Worship Arts Conservatory.
Why would I want to do an internship?
- Hands-On. You will gain hands on experience in church work while you go to college. No need to wait until you get your degree.
- Save Money. Extremely reasonable tuition after your Internship Scholarship. As an intern you will pay from $0 - $900 per year in tuition depending on the number of courses taken and if you receive any other scholarships.
- Practical Application. You will be able to apply your course learning immediately to your ministry work. Your classes will be much more practical and valuable.
- Resume Development. You will have experience to add to your resume.
- Transfer of Credit. Your credits will transfer to a growing list of colleges.
What are the Requirements?
- Must be, or be willing to be, a part-time or full-time student at Worship Arts Conservatory.
- Must commit to 8-10 hours of internship work per week
- Must maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher at Worship Arts Conservatory
- Must be in alignment with the church's Statement of Faith
- Must demonstrate skills that will benefit the ministry of the selected church.
What would I have to do?
The exact responsibilities will be determined by the church where you will serve and your faculty supervisor. All internships have clear objectives designed to help you become skilled in ministry leadership. Some possible responsibilities include:
- Play and/or sing in Worship Band
- Assist in leadership of Worship Band
- Learn the basics of the sound, lighting and video equipment
- Attend rehearsals and services.
- Attend staff meetings
- Assist in selection and preparation of music
- Assist in scheduling musicians
- Assist in service planning
- Assist in stage design, implementation, setup and teardown
- Assist with any special events as needed
- Assist with Student or Children's Ministries
- Prepare and lead games for Student or Children's Ministries
- Lead a small group
- Assist with visits and connections
- Help plan and lead special events
- Teach or assist in teaching
- Assist in planning and developing curriculum
- Attend staff meetings
- Assist with sermon preparation
- Assist with service planning
- Oversee a ministry
How can I become an Intern?
Are you ready to start your ministry or worship career today? Let us know a little about you and we will get back to you soon. If there are any other details you would like us to know, please put them in the message.