The Christian Ministries Advanced Diploma is a 134 credit hour program in our School of Ministry designed to lay a solid foundation for full-time church ministry.
For our two year program see our Christian Ministries Diploma.
Career and Ministry Opportunities
- Senior Pastor
- Church Planter
- Minister – Associate Pastor, Youth Leader, Director of a Ministry, Missionary
- Lay Ministry – Bible Teacher, Small Group Leader, Elder, Deacon
Upon graduation, the student will
- Understand the structure, themes and doctrines of the Bible.
- Understand how to develop a growing relationship with God, in Christ, through the Spirit.
- Be well rounded in General Studies.
- Be able to communicate this knowledge in an effective manner.
- Understand the primary ministries of a local church.
- Be prepared to lead others in church ministry.
General Education – 47 credits hours
Required Technology: COM-100 Technology for Public Presentation
Behavior/Social Studies: Must take both
GEN-130 Introduction to Philosophy – 3 credit hours, and
GEN-140 Introduction to Psychology – 3 credit hours
Language requirement: both Beginning Hebrew and Beginning Greek - 6 credit hours
Bible Core Classes – 31 credit hours
Core Bible and Theology plus:
Theology II - 4 credit hours
Denominational Distinctives - 3 credit hours
Bible elective – 3 credits hours; select from any BIL 200 or higher level course
Theology elective – 3 credit hours; select from any THE 200 or higher level course
Communication - 23 credit hours
Communication Theory – 3 credit hours
Rhetoric - 4 credit hours
Small Group Dynamics – 3 credit hours
Storytelling – 3 credit hours
Principles of Preaching – 3 credit hours
or Advanced Public Speaking - 3 credit hours
Interpersonal Communication - 3 credit hours
Art of Preaching – 3 credit hours
and Preaching Practicum - 1 credit hour
or Introduction to Theater - 2 credit hours
and Voice and Interpretation - 3 credit hours
Ministry - 33 credit hours
Pastoral Care and Counseling – 3 credit hours
Church Discipleship - 3 credit hours
Discipleship Practicum - 1 credit hour
Evangelism and Missions - 3 credit hours
Evangelism Practicum – 1 credit hour
Worship Service Planning – 3 credit hours
Christian History – 3 credit hours
Introduction to Apologetics – 3 credit hours
Church Leadership – 3 credit hours
Church Administration – 3 credit hours
Philosophy of Ministry – 3 credit hours
Ministry Internship – 4 credit hours